…..Very Chocolatey Macadamia Brownies!
Ahhh…how I love brownies. Ass on the couch, gut hanging out, brownie chunk in left hand, glass of cold milk in the right. Chocolate smeared across my cheeks, lips and teeth. My favourite pose of all times.
Here’s how you can emulate this. Oh I really mean just making the brownies, personal style can’t be taught, my dears!! Besides you need time to cultivate a hanging gut.
Very Chocolatey Macadamia Brownies
(adapted from Ina Garten’s Outrageous Brownies)
225g unsalted butter
225g + 170g semisweet chocolate chips, divided in respective portions
84g unsweetened chocolate
3 extra-large eggs
1 and 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
1 tablespoon vanilla paste
1 and 1/8 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup + 1/8 cup plain flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and flour a 12 inch by 9 inch shallow pan.
2. Melt butter, 225g chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate in microwave. Cool slightly.
3. Mix eggs, instant coffee, vanilla and sugar together, and stir this mixture into the warm chocolate mixture. Cool to room temperature.
4. Stir together 1/2 cup of plain flour, baking powder and salt. Add this to the cooled chocolate mixture from Step 3.
5. In another bowl, coat nuts and 170g chocolate chips in 1/8 cup of plain flour. Add this to the chocolate mixture from Step 4. Pour this into prepared pan.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes or until skewer comes clean. Do not overbake. Cool brownie block, refrigerate and cut into squares to serve.
*Updated: This post is featured on Photograzing. Check out my Photograzing profile to see my other featured posts!